Monday, November 20, 2006

Someone please just shoot me.

Today was just one crisis after another. I took 162 down to novena, only to find that it does not drop right outside novena square, so I missed the correct stop and ended up pretty far from the area. I had to walk all the way to United Square so as to take the underground and reach tths. After I collected my dad's meds, I went to the bookshop at the hospital to see if they sold the Economic Review. Niet. I then tried Times at Novena Square, no luck either. I ended up buying ForbesAsia for him. When I got to yck, it was drizzling, but thank god I borrowed mum's umbrella. I finally got to the hospital, reached the floor, talked to the nurse abit about my dad and his meds and was then directed to his bed. Guess what? He was transferred to another bed. Thus, I had to walk circles around the place like some retard before I found the correct ward. The physiotherapist came for awhile and did some exercises with him. The old man is still going strong! Haha.

I was then chatting with him abit when a horrid realization dawned upon me (yes, cliche phrase but that's how it really happened). I was fiddling with my bag when I realized my keys weren't with me and it struck me that I left them at the doorway and left the door unlock! With no one at home! Oh goodness! So I had to cut short my visit and hurry rush home. Halfway, it started pouring, but luckily I was in the comfort of the bus. Cutting across the blocks from the bus stop, not so luck though. The wind was blowing the rain at an angle, so even though I had an umbrella, my feet got wet and I was wearing slippers! And as you know, my slipper- wearing skills aren't top notch so I had difficulty walking. Finally when I reached home, my hand on the door knob, praying that no madcap burglar or murderer had barged in. The door didn't budge when I pushed! I was thinking that maybe my bro came home early, but that's impossible since he would visit my dad instead. Instinctively, I searched my bag, and you would not believe it. There were my keys staring straight at me. I had placed them in a different compartment from usual! How can anyone be so stupid I ask you. I almost fainted at the false alarm I gave myself.

Sorry for ditching you for such silliness, dad. And he was so philosophical about it, " Since these things happened, it already happened. No need to worry yourself over it." Oh and the nurse was really nice, wishing me good luck for my A's.

No comments: